After several failed attempts at finding the perfect shade of red for my lips as a younger gal, I had all but given up. Recently, I saw red lips on the Kardashian sisters and Christina Aguilera and I just couldn’t help but revisit my personal longing to be able to pull this look off. After a couple of hours in the drug store and Sephora, I FINALLY found the one…along with some other items!
- Lipstick – REVLON in Orange Flip
- Nail polish – Essie in e-nuf is e-nuf (to match my new favorite lip color)
- Mascara – Diorshow Extase (combine with lash primer)
- Liquid eyeliner – SEPHORA in glitter black (I initially wanted to replace my flat black color but when they were sold out, this ended up being a pleasant substitution)
- Face primer – Laura Mercier (free sample at SEPHORA!)
- Perfume – Lola Marc Jacobs (heaven in a bottle)
Inspired by 1950’s glam and a viewing of Burlesque, I hopped on the beauty wagon with Sophia Loren, Bridgette Bardot, Christina Aguilera, and Dita Von Teese by sporting the coveted red lips and cat eyes.